Welcome to OpenMandriva Cooker
Cooker is the development distribution for OpenMandriva. It reflects the current progress of work among all lines, and is considered a moving and unstable target.
If you want to track our current development progress, see https://project.openmandriva.org/versions/3 .
Beginning Technical Pages
These are the beginning technical documentation pages for Cooker. As time goes on, we will move and integrate them into the Cooker team area.
- How to contribute to OpenMandriva cooker
- Policies to follow up
- Cooker packaging guidelines
- How to get an account at the buildsystem we use
- ISO creation guide
- Features documentation
- How to fix common errors in mass rebuilds
- KDE 5 build order
- Xfce4 build order
- LXQt build order
- QT5 build order
The next version of OpenMandriva Lx is 2015.0 Einsteinium (provisory codename). Previous releases may be found here.
You may view the progress of its Overview, What's New, or Release Notes. Additionally, the detailed specifications are available for developer viewing and inspection, as well as the list of accepted features.
The basic release schedule is currently as follows:
A more in-depth release schedule may be found at Release_3/Schedule.
There are several ways to upgrade your system to Cooker. However, as Cooker is a moving target, it will most likely break your system. Please be aware that we cannot support systems on Cooker due to its nature.
Setting up chroot environments for other architectures
urpmi qemu-static-aarch64 mkdir /chroot/aarch64 urpmi.addmedia --distrib --urpmi-root /chroot/aarch64 http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/cooker/repository/aarch64 urpmi --urpmi-root /chroot/aarch64 basesystem urpmi clang
We can be found
- in IRC #openmandriva-cooker at Freenode
- freenode webchat interface to connect to IRC.
- at the om-cooker mailing list. You may subscribe or view the archives at OpenMandriva Cooker mailing list
We generally aren't Technical Support, so please use the bug tracker for that. But if you like to contribute or have technical interest or deep technical questions you will receive a warm welcome.
IRC channel and Mailinglist are for OpenMandriva technical communication and discussion only. While it's totally ok to ask for technical information there, the following behaviour may be seen as against om-cooker's netiquette and may set you on moderated or expelled from the list or channel:
- fighting personal discussions
- the topic is technical development of OMV, nothing else
- flooding the list with software requests
- having a request once a while is ok, but normally the bugtracker should be used for making such requests
- leaving the scope of OpenMandriva.
- there are other lists for other software projects, use them if needed.
- ignoring the general netiquette, eg. meaning you should:
- be nice to each other, try to not directly blame other people in public.
- do post in readable English text. Most people aren't native speakers, so try to write in plain and easily understandable English.
- do not comment just to comment. Give your statement when it's worthy for the discussion.