It is recommended that you read the latest release notes on our wiki.
What's New in OpenMandriva Lx 4.1?
OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 is a new release after 4.0 from the OpenMandriva Association. Codename Mercury.
- Frameworks 5.64.0 more information
- Plasma 5.17.2 more information
- Applications 19.08.3 more information
- Qt 5.14.0 more information
- Kernel 5.3.9 more information
- systemd 243 more information
- LLVM/clang 9.0 more information
- gcc 9.2.1 more information
- glibc 2.30 more information
- Java 13
- Zstandard - new real-time compression algorithm, providing high compression ratios implemented in our kernel, provides faster boot
- Calamares 3.2.16 more information
- LibreOffice 6.3
- Falkon 3.1
- Firefox 69.0
- Chromium 76.0
- Krita 4.2.7
- Calligra Suite 3.1.0
- Digikam 6.3
- SMPlayer 19.10
- VLC 3.0.8
The OpenMandriva development teams (Cooker & QA) are always looking for new contributors to assist in creating and maintaining packages and to assist bugfixing and testing. You are welcome to join us and help us in this work which is not only rewarding but also tremendous fun!
If you feel that your talents do not lie in the realm of software, then the OpenMandriva Workshop group, which is made up from the artwork, documentation, translation and Communication teams, is always open for the submissions of artwork and translations. New contributors who would like to help with these wide-ranging tasks should see the wiki for more details, and to learn how to join! Alternatively you may use our Forum.
It also costs time and money to keep our servers up and running. If you can, please donate to keep the lights on!